In each kit you’ll receive the following to assemble your biryani – enough for up to 6 people;
- Slow stewed masala goat (Approx. 1 kilo)
- Aged basmati cooked in an aromatic spices with rose and screw pine essence (approx 1 kilo)
- Kibbled onions
And to be served alongside:
- Baghara bainghan, traditional aubergine dish served alongside biryani in Hyderabad
- Kachumbar Salad and salad masala to dress the salad
All you’ll need is an oven, some foil and a casserole with a tight fitting lid!
We recommend grabbing some lemon juice, fresh coriander and mint!
- Preheat Oven to 150c.
- Pour the curried goat mixture into a casserole and warm the curry through on your hob. (this will be the same dish that goes into the oven).
- Sprinkle a generous handful of chopped mint and coriander if you have it. Cover the goat curry with an even layer of the rice provided.
- Now cover with foil and place a tigfht fitting lid onto the dish in order to the trap the steam as the biryani is warming through.
- Place the dish into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the biryani is baking, take the kachumbar salad out of the bag, toss with olive oil and dust with the salad masala. Finish with lemon juice just before you service.
- 10 minutes before your biryani is ready, warm the baingan in a pan on your stove, simmer gently until piping hot.
- Once the biryani has been baking for 30 minutes, remove from the oven, peel back foil (check to see it is piping hot and above 70°C) and garnish with the kibbled onions, more fresh mint and coriander.
- Serve with raitha and dressed kachumbar salad.
- Nationwide delivery – order by the end of Wednesday and it will be shipped to you with the special food-safe overnight delivery to be received on Thursday. Detailed delivery information
- NOTE: All boxes are packaged securely with wool cool insulating sleeves and ice packs to be safe for an overnight or 2 night transit max, on the rare occasion of courier delays. At which point, we recommend moving into the fridge on arrival.
Dishes containing gluten (G), nuts (N), dairy (D) or suitable for vegetarians (V) are marked on the menu.
We are unable to alter or swap dishes for dietary requirements but hope the selection would be sufficient for all. Please check this page a week before to see what menu you will be receiving, the menu is also published on the @aktarathome Instagram feed.